3 March 2007

Excited and petrified

Last night we had the first meeting of our Masters cohort in children's and youth writing. It looks like it's going to be a great year, but really bloody busy.

Although we're all writing for young adults (rather than children) everyone's project is different and exciting. I can see some great books resulting from this year - hopefully mine will be one of them!

The research work (exegesis - what does it mean anyway???) seems a bit daunting but I'm sure I'll get through it somehow (assuming I can find that magic fairy who I'm sure owes me a lot of favours).

The first meeting ended well with us all enjoying a well-deserved alcholic beverage at a local cafe, where the service was electic but nonetheless entertaining. It was my first time at an establishment where the wait staff asked one of the guests to explain the wine list to oher guests, but I'm always up for new experiences!


So the course is off to a great start. Now all I have to do is get writing...

No comments: