25 February 2007

The first task - a piece of clever writing

No, luckily at this stage I don't have to write something clever. I have to find a piece of clever writing, a piece of writing that I'm passionate about. Being a course in children's & youth writing I should probably pick a kids/YA writer. But instead I'm choosing something from Elizabeth Jolley - right now I feel she's the only writer I can choose. And she has so much to choose from.

No doubt soon I'll be expected to produce clever writing of my own. But I don't consider myself a 'clever' writer. Maybe because I associate the word clever with an innate ability; an attribute that comes naturally. And I have to work really, really hard to get my writing to a point that I think it's worthwhile.

Clever writing - it's definately something to aim for. I wonder how I'll know if I've ever achieved it?

No comments: