15 May 2007

First assignment done

On the weekend I finished my first assignment (the one on the "interpretive paradigm"). It really wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. Possibly, this means that I've completely missed the point but Kel read it & she reckons it all flows & makes sense, so that's good enough for me.

It was helpful putting everything down on paper & drawing the threads together of the different types of research I'm doing. I think it really does help with character development & helps me get more fully inside the heads of my characters. Or should I say helps them get inside my head more. Which can be a problem when they get comfortable & decide not to move out.

I know I should be focusing on my presentation now (it's due on 1 June) but it's much more fun to work on my manuscript. But I do want to come up with a good presentation: all I've decided so far is that I'm not using powerpoint (because I hate it).

Seriously, how can my genius be compressed into a few slides with dorky animations????

Maybe I'll start with a DVD clip, then get out the finger puppets & finish with the interpretive dance done behind a big white sheet (that's so I can cast the "shadow"). Sounds like a plan to me :)

No comments: