2 November 2007

Manuscript assessment

The manuscript assessment by Driftwood has been finished & is waiting for me to pick it up from Sharyn's office.

But she's not in today so I have to wait until Monday! I suppose a few more day's suspense won't kill me.

I'm hoping that it gives me some clear direction about what to do with my next rewrite. The manuscript has gone through a lot of changes already this year and I specifically asked for feedback on whether it all held together or was too disjointed, particularly the last few chapters of the book, which I completely rewrote.

Whatever they say, I'm eager to take it on board and make this story the best it can be. I really believe in Girl in the Shadows - I think it's a timely story that covers some important issues and themes. But I also hope it's a bloody good read that will capture the attention of teen readers and that Tash and Mal are characters that they bond with.

Here's hoping!

1 comment:

Rymon Lazona said...

I stumbled across your blog.
You sound like you have a very interesting and creative life.

Good luck with your manuscript.

What else have you written??