21 November 2007

Back to basics

I have yet to embark on the big rewrite. Instead I've been working out relationships between the girls and having another look at their characters/backgrounds. This, I'm hoping, will help me add that extra detail and depth that the manuscript assessor thinks I need.

I'm also looking at the character of Tash's father. I know it's meant to be bad form to write characters that are all bad, but let's face it, in real life some people are just a**holes. Not everyone has redeeming features. But I suppose I can stretch to allowing him to be a generous boss (as long as his employees don't cross him...).

Apart from the character work I've been doing a bit of research into the 'assignment' notes that will replace Tash's diary entries. I'm still not 100% sure on how this will work, but I'm trying out a few different ideas.

Maybe I should just start writing it & see what happens.

1 comment:

Rymon Lazona said...

Yes, just start writing and see where your creative journey will take you. I enjoy your blog, please keep us all updated on your progress.