6 November 2007

How much more rewriting?

The manuscript assessment has arrived and I'm not in a state of shock, depression or about to throw my manuscript in the bin. So that's a positive!

I've read through it a couple of times but I think I need to read through it a couple more before I get stuck into the rewriting. The assessor has made some good suggestions and some interetsting points, and although I don't agree with everything they said, I agree with most of it. A couple of things I don't quite understand, though, so if I still don't get it after another reading or two I'll ask the rest of the cohort what they think the assessor means.

Going by the feedback, I think I've got another 3 months rewriting to do, maybe 6 months. I'm not exactly sure what 'finished' state the manuscript has to be in to submit it for my Masters, but that's really the least of my worries, seeing I haven't even made a start on the exegesis.

Oh well, maybe I'll write that in February!

2 comments:

Rymon Lazona said...

Don't throw it in the bin, stay at it !

Maree Kimberley said...

Thanks, I'm not quite at the bin stage yet! I have lots more to keep me going on this manuscript.