29 June 2007

Rewrite finished & ready for assessment

Last night I finished another rewrite. Now my manuscript is ready to face the bold red pen of the manuscript assessor!

I've sent a copy of my pride & joy to Sharyn (my supervisor) and she and Vivian (the associate supervisor) will read it first then, if they think it's ready, they'll send it off to a professional manuscript assessment service.

I'm really not sure what state it'll be in when it comes back to me. I'm expecting harsh criticism but that's all good - I need honest, professional advice to have the best chance of getting it published.

I know that I've done the best I can with it so far but I'm sure there'll be plenty more to do on it when it returns. Just how much it will need who knows? They could suggest anything from a light edit to a complete rewrite and total restructure or anywhere in between.

As long as they don't say it's a pile of crap that's beyond hope, it'll be all good.

So now I suppose I should get back into writing the exegisis... Hmm, I wonder how I'm gonna do that?

No comments: