12 July 2008

Just a few things to tidy up

I've got feedback from my sister and also a younger reader (someone from the target audience) and so far, so good.

My sister picked up a few things for me to tidy up. Mostly it was things where new scenes didn't quite mesh with the old. But nothing too major - probably only about 5 hours work maximum. The younger reader really enjoyed it, too, which is a big bonus. She also gave me some great feedback to work on. Just a small thing - what happens to one of the minor characters - but important for me to follow up on.

So everything is on track for entering into the Text competition.

But now that I've officially re-enrolled in uni for this semester, soon it's going to be time to face the beast that is known as the 'exegesis'. Still haven't worked out why it's called that. Maybe because it's a task of Biblical proportions... But I suppose I'll just tackle it the same way I approached the novel manuscript. One step at a time.

No comments: