5 June 2008

On schedule

So far, so good. I managed to get chapter 1 to work properly without having to do a complete rewrite, so the levitation scene stays. I was thinking about a few alternatives, but none of them seemed to fit properly. I was a bit worried that the levitation scene was a bit cliched, but I think I've got around that. I mean, it really just is something teenage girls do.

But I've toned it down a bit because I'm working on making Tash's descent into terror more gradual. Instead of her trying to deal with the girl in the mirror by herself at first, with the book starting when she had already been seeing the girl for a few weeks, the first appearance of the girl now happens within the action of the narrative. This also means Mal can be there right from the start.

It all seems to be coming together now. I hope it continues that way because the deadline gets closer every day.

No comments: