12 April 2007

Interpretive paradigm or interpretive dance?

In about five weeks time I'm supposed to hand in a 2,500-3000 word assignment on... well I'm not exactly sure! But one of the things I can choose to write about is my "interpretive paradigm".

So far, my thinking is that I feign confusion between "interpretive paradigm" & "interpretive dance" and come up with a 2 or 3 minute dance piece, possibly performed behind a curtain so I'm in fact a shadow, & present that instead of the essay. Or maybe I should leave that sort of performance stuff until my oral presentation is due, on 1 June.

On the positive side, I'm really happy with the progress of my manuscript. I've just started to rewrite the Mrs Steppa character, making her a bit younger (as in 60 rather than 80!) & funkier & less wobbly/senile. She now prefers jaffa tim tams to stale biscuits and her house smells like patchouli & ylang ylang rather than lavender. She may also have a penchant for feather boas (I just thought of that then, so I'll have to see how it goes). After all, people who are now 60 were teenagers in the psychedelic 1960s - bizarre but true! I'm starting to like Mrs Steppa much more already :)

No comments: